Sign in or
|Version||User||Scope of changes|
|Jan 4 2009, 11:19 PM EST||Kynt_And_Vyxsin_Rule|
|Dec 16 2007, 4:23 AM EST||IronChefCrazy||1 word added, 2 words deleted|
Key: Additions Deletions
[Anna Friel | Anna Friel Photos | Pushing Daisies Characters]
Anna Friel as Chuck
Click EasyEdit to help create the wiki-fan page for Chuck
(Don't see the EasyEdit button? Sign in!)
(Don't see the EasyEdit button? Sign in!)
What we know: ---
• Full name: Charlotte Charles.
• "Chuck" is a nickname Ned gave her as a child.
• Family is Jewish.
• Murdered on a Tahitian cruise and Ned brought her back to life.
• Buried with her father's watch; reclaimed it from her graverobber.
• Favorite cheese: Gruyère.
• Self-educated in: beekeeping, Buddhism, eating disorders, windmillery, historical erotica.
• Multilingual: Japanese, French, German, Swedish, Mandarin.
• Cheese aficionado.
• Bird lover.
• Wore full orthodontic headgear for three years (unnecessarily) during puberty.
What we don't know: ---
• How/if her mother played a role in her life.
• Did her aunts move into Chuck's home or did they already live there?
• Former stay-at-home juror for paraplegic judge; currently, a valued assistant at The Pie Hole & unwanted pest on Emerson Cod's investigations.
Reputation in Coeur d' Coeurs: ---
• Raised by her aunts since age eight; in turn, she cared for them without leaving home.
• Supported her community by holding honey sales on her front lawn to benefit the homeless.
Add comments about Chuck
| Family: Father, Charles Charles, deceased; fraternal aunts Lily Charles & Vivian Charles; various distant relatives (judging from her father's funeral).|
Romance: Ned, childhood sweetheart, her first and only kiss; now revived back from the dead, has renewed their relationship.
Friends: Emerson Cod (begrudgingly on his part); Olive Snook (who has gone from jealous romantic rival to blackmailer to grudging acceptance to friendship).
Enemies: Shiny Shoes Killer, killed in self-defense by Aunt Lily; Deedee Duffield, travel agent who sent her to her death, deceased.
Memorable Quotes from Pushing Daisies
| "A hug is like an emotional Heimlich: they put their arms around you and give you a squeeze and all your fear and anxiety goes shooting out of your mouth like a big wet wad and you can breathe again."|
Ned: "This is pushing your luck."
Chuck: "Yeah, well, luck pushed me first."
[holding up an identical ID badge to Emerson] "I gave the security guard a hug goodbye. My upper body distracted him while these things I call 'hands' took this off his belt."
Ned: "Are you a drug mule?"
Chuck: "No! I’m a … monkey mule."
[to Ned] "You love secrets. You want to marry secrets and have little half-secret, half-human babies."
Chuck: "I’ve been ruminating – and by ruminating, I mean pondering, not chewing cud – how about we solve my murder and collect the reward? Wouldn’t that be poetic? Certainly an anecdote."
Ned: "I thought you didn’t want the reward."
Chuck: "No, I wanted you not to want the reward. $50,000: that’s a lot of money. Three-way split, 30-30-40? It’s only fair I get more: I did die for it."
"Which birthday do I celebrate? I’ve got two of them now: First day I was alive and first day I was alive again."
Ned: "It’s for your own safety."
Chuck: "You sound like my dad."
Ned: "If my hand brushes yours, you’d be dead."
Chuck: "He didn’t say that."
Chuck: "Are you stuck?"
Chuck: "Yes, you are, you’re like Winnie the Pooh! Give me your paws, Pooh."
Ned: "I liked that you said 'us' ".
Chuck: "Well, we are an 'us', aren’t we? We’re just an "us" with special circumstances."
Ned: "Quasimodo would’ve been a lot better off if he’d stayed in his bell tower where it was safe and comfortable and he had his bell." Chuck: "I’m not sure Quasimodo would agree with that: Quasi wanted adventure, Quasi wanted to see the world, Quasi wanted cup-pies!"
Narrator: "This was clearly a case of … "
Chuck: " ... Death by scratch ‘n sniff?"
Ned: "There are no such thing as monsters."
Chuck: "What about C.H.U.D.? ... Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers." [whispering fearfully] "They feed on the homeless and helpless passer-bys! I hear they’re pack hunters!"
Chuck & Olive: "Don’t mess with The Pie Ho’s!"
From the Episodes...
| Most memorable scenes:---|
Defining episodes: ---